Location: Little White Salmon, WA
Date: May 1-2 2015
The Little White Race is a celebration of the Pacific Northwest kayaking culture. Steep drops, a tight community, and one of the most beautiful river corridors in the World await those who want to step it up and not just run the Little White….. but race it. The Little White Race is an annual event that is put on by World Class Academy. The first official event took place in June 2011.
The Little White Salmon race was developed to celebrate the community of kayakers whose church is the Little White Salmon and whose days of attendance is not limited to Sundays. Running the Little White is not just about you, but the group you are with. For this reason and to use a model that closer represents actual creek boating, the Little White Salmon Race is a team competition. This year we have also decided to add an individual race to the event schedule.
This year the LW Race will include two events, one on Friday 5/1 and the other on Saturday 5/2.
Friday 4/1 Tima Trial / Slalom – On Friday there will be a Time Trial Event. Racers will need to show up at the World Class Academy office by 8:00 a.m. on Friday 4/1 ready to load up and go. You will need to pre-register for this race by Thursday 4/29 by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Saturday 5/2 Extreme Race -This is the MAIN LW Race! There will be singles and team categories. The race will be held on a section of the LW that will be determined at the competitors meeting. All racers will need to register at the registration/competitors meeting at River City in Hood River, OR at 6:30 p.m. on Friday 5/1.
– While safety will be set up in key places throughout the course, it is the responsibility of each team member to set safety for each other….. just like in “real” kayaking. If you choose to race in the singles category, please realize you are accepting a much higher risk as you will forgo the safety of being in a team.
– Maximum boat length is 9 feet
– Each racer must carry a throw-bag
– Pre-Registration is required at the competitors meeting, which will take place on May 2nd
– No private parking at the put-in or take-out